none
Migration to Microsoft Account sign in with Bing Ads API RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an application that uses Bing Ads Reporting API v9. The current code uses only Bing Ads username as logins. As has been annouced, Bing Ads is migrating to using Microsoft accounts for logins. As stated here Bing Ads API v9 will still accept both Bing Ads username and Microsoft account. My question is will Bing Ads API v9 still accept Bing Ads usernames as logins when v10 rolls out in 2014? And will v9 be discontinued in the near future? We need to know this as we have to decide if we need to migrate our application to use Microsoft Accounts.

Best regards,

Mark Ibanez

Sunday, October 27, 2013 4:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I have an application that uses Bing Ads Reporting API v9. The current code uses only Bing Ads username as logins. As has been annouced, Bing Ads is migrating to using Microsoft accounts for logins. As stated here Bing Ads API v9 will still accept both Bing Ads username and Microsoft account. My question is will Bing Ads API v9 still accept Bing Ads usernames as logins when v10 rolls out in 2014? And will v9 be discontinued in the near future? We need to know this as we have to decide if we need to migrate our application to use Microsoft Accounts.

Best regards,

Mark Ibanez

We haven't made any announcements about v10 of the API. We have announced that sometime in the first half of 2014 customers will be required to use a Microsoft account to log-in which does have corresponding impact on users of the v9 API. 

More importantly, starting last week all new users to Bing Ads only get a Microsoft account so if your application doesn't support OAuth, it will not be able to interact with their data in Bing Ads. 

Sunday, October 27, 2013 1:51 PM
  • Hi Dare,

Thank you very much for your help. Just one more thing. Are there any documentation or articles that shows how to migrate .Net code using Bing Ads API from Bing Ads username to Microsoft Account logins (OAuth)? It would help us migrate our application easier and any help would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Mark Ibanez

Saturday, November 9, 2013 4:24 AM
  • Hi Mark.

Have you tried the guide and C# code sample?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/dn277356.aspx
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/dn466514.aspx

Please let us know if there are any details that could be clarified.

Best regards,
    Eric

Monday, November 11, 2013 5:17 PM
    Owner