DataServiceContext.ExecuteBatch error when query count is greater than 100 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

After updating to WCF DataServices 5 we started hitting the following error on a DataServiceContext.ExecuteBatch call: "The current batch message contains too many parts. Only batch messages with a maximum number of '100' query operations and change sets are allowed."

Is there anyway to configure the MaxPartsPerBatch option so we can submit these requests without batching the ExecuteBatch calls.

Please help, thanks!

Hoov

Monday, July 2, 2012 4:37 PM

All replies

• This is a known regression in 5.0 that will be fixed. You currently cannot configure that setting.

I apologize for any temporary inconvenience caused by this.

-Ian

Monday, July 2, 2012 5:30 PM
  • I'm having the same problem. I updated the WCF DS to the latest version according to the official blog post.

However, the question still remains. Is there any provision for this fix? Or is there some way to overcome this limitation?

Thanks in advance!

Bernardo

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:01 PM
  • With the latest release set the MaxChangesetCount and MaxBatchCount to some large values and the limits will be propagated correctly through all layers (that's the bug fix).

config.MaxChangesetCount = 65535;
                config.MaxBatchCount = 65535;

Thanks,

Vitek Karas [MSFT]

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:19 PM
  • Problem solved! Thank you very much!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:17 PM