Deploy the ASP.NET Crystal Report website to Window Server 2008 x64 bits RRS feed

• Question

• User-34860367 posted

Hello all,

My Crystal Report ASP.NET website is working well on Window XP 32 bits. I would like to publish it on Window Server 2008 64 bits with Crystal Report runtime x64 bits but it displayed the error:

"An error has occured while attempting to load the Crystal Report runtime. Either the Crystal Report registry key permissions are insufficent or the Crystal Reports runtime is not  installled correctly. Please install the appropriate Crytal Reports redistributable (CRRedist*.msi) containing the correct version of the Crystal Reports runtime (x86, x64 or Itanium) required ..."

I could not install CRRedist2008_x86.msi on Window Server 2008 64 bits for testing. Furthermore, I could not see any options that allow to change the target platform for ASP.NET Website. Any work around to solve my issue is much appreciated.

I searched some solutions not to install Crystal Report runtime on server but maybe I am lost and could not make it working. Thanks for any idea to help me out this matter. 

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 11:01 AM

Answers

• User-34860367 posted

Hello,

I searched and found the solution as following:

In Application Pools, look for Advanced Setting option and set True to Enable 32-Bit Applications. Then uninstall the Crystal Report runtime x64 and reinstall x86. Finally, the above error was gone and Crystal Report is working on Window Server 2008.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:20 PM