IP address not resolved from Proxy server RRS feed

• Question

• User694418659 posted
    Hello all,

Bear with me - I am not a network person :-)

On our website (hosted on an IIS server) we restrict access to one folder in our web.config file by denying access to everyone, and then specifying IPs that will be granted access. It works well, except when we are up against certain proxy servers used at some academic institutions - when out URL seems not to be resolved by the proxy server (an invalid address error is displayed by the browser using the proxy server).
    I don't even know where to start in trying to figure out what's going on.
    Anyone with any information would be seriously appreciated.

Mart
    Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:38 PM

All replies

• User-1174608757 posted

Hi stabes,

when out URL seems not to be resolved by the proxy server (an invalid address error is displayed by the browser using the proxy server).

According to your description,so-called proxy server is actually adding a server for forwarding requests between the client and the server being accessed.So,I think if  the client can access your server directly, then the problem is not on your server side.

Else,I notice that you said proxy couldn't reach your site?I don't think it couldn't access to a website just because it add a proxy server .You could suggest that institutions to  check whether it has problem in reserve proxy server.

Here is a tool called Failed Request Tracing,it could trace the request to see the whole process.Here is the link,I hope it could help you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/troubleshoot/using-failed-request-tracing/troubleshooting-failed-requests-using-tracing-in-iis

Best Regards

Wei

Best Regards

Wei

Friday, June 14, 2019 2:40 AM