none
Troubles loading C++\CLI assembly in a WebApp with IIS 6 RRS feed

• Question

• We are upgrading .NETweb application to .Net Framework 4.0 and recompile in VS 2010.

The application uses several boost dlls. We got below error. But it same issue didn't happen in the past when we use VS 2008 on Window Vista. The error is occuring when we rebuild on Window 7

The operation failed.
    Bind result: hr = 0x80131018. No description available.

Assembly manager loaded from:  C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
    Running under executable  C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\inetsrv\w3wp.exe
    --- A detailed error log follows.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: User = IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool
    LOG: DisplayName = boost_thread-vc100-mt-1_47

ERR: Error extracting manifest import from file (hr = 0x80131018).
    ERR: Setup failed with hr = 0x80131018.
    ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x80131018). Probing terminated.

Monday, May 5, 2014 3:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Kay,

According to the information you provided, there is less evidence to determine what assembly is failing to load. I recommend you use Fusion tool to debug assembly loading problems. You just need to enable it, and use the Fusion Log Viewer. Refer to the following link for details. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e74a18c4(VS.71).aspx.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 8, 2014 9:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Kay,

I found a similar question, please try the method on the following link and let me know the result.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/33fb3a12-9f1e-4964-8d00-3aaa3ef824fe/troubles-loading-ccli-assembly-in-a-webapp-on-iis-7?forum=clr.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 1:37 AM
  • I read the same post before, but the solution it mentioned didn't work in my case. I also noticed the post has below.

Assembly manager loaded from: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
    Running under executable c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

In my case, it has below in the log. I am testing on Window 7.

Assembly manager loaded from:  C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
    Running under executable  C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Thanks!

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 2:00 PM
  • Hi Kay,

According to the information you provided, there is less evidence to determine what assembly is failing to load. I recommend you use Fusion tool to debug assembly loading problems. You just need to enable it, and use the Fusion Log Viewer. Refer to the following link for details. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e74a18c4(VS.71).aspx.

Regards,

Thursday, May 8, 2014 9:26 AM