locked
Language RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi, I tried to analize my code using spanish as the language to use for spelling options but I still get spelling errors for all the words in spanish (and no errors for words in english). Is there any way to get FxCop to recognize spanish words without adding them all to the custom dictionary?

    Thanks
    Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:36 PM

Answers

  • Do you have a Spanish version of Office installed? Or the Office Proofing Tools? If you have Office installed, what version are you using?

    This is not a well-tested area of FxCop. We have only tested alternate languages on systems w/the proofing tools installed.

    In the next version of FxCop, we will be switching to a new spelling library which will also support identifiers in multiple languages/locales.

    Michael Fanning
    VSTS Development: Code Analysis
    Thursday, July 21, 2005 5:20 PM
  • Setting this option in Project Defaults should mean that every new project file you create has the specified locale set automatically. I tested this here and that appears to be working. Were you working with a project file you created and saved before modifying the Project Defaults?

    Michael
    Friday, July 22, 2005 1:34 AM

All replies

  • Do you have a Spanish version of Office installed? Or the Office Proofing Tools? If you have Office installed, what version are you using?

    This is not a well-tested area of FxCop. We have only tested alternate languages on systems w/the proofing tools installed.

    In the next version of FxCop, we will be switching to a new spelling library which will also support identifiers in multiple languages/locales.

    Michael Fanning
    VSTS Development: Code Analysis
    Thursday, July 21, 2005 5:20 PM
  • I found the problem... I was setting the Dictionary Locale option from the Tools, Settings, Project Default section, which doesn't seem to work.

    When I tried using the Project, Options menu, everything worked. I didn't need to add the proofing tools.

    Thanks!
    Thursday, July 21, 2005 8:16 PM
  • Setting this option in Project Defaults should mean that every new project file you create has the specified locale set automatically. I tested this here and that appears to be working. Were you working with a project file you created and saved before modifying the Project Defaults?

    Michael
    Friday, July 22, 2005 1:34 AM
  • Oh that must have been the problem, I thought the project default language applied for the current project too. Maybe it would help if it was labeled "Default language for new projects" to make it clear that it doesn't change the setting for the current project.

    Thanks a lot, this was very helpful
    Friday, July 22, 2005 1:54 PM

  •   If u want to use a different lenguage for check Spelling like spanish, you need the spanish dictionary files:
    • MSSP3ES.LEX
    • MSSP3ES.DLL
      You can find this files in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\PROOF", or "C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\Microsoft Shared\PROOF" if your system is in spanish.

      Copy that files to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Team Tools\Static Analysis Tools\FxCop" or "C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Team Tools\Static Analysis Tools\FxCop" if your system is in spanish.

      Edit your proyect file (.vbproj) with notepad and in the first secction PropertyGroup add CodeAnalysisCulture tag, see below:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> 
    <Project ToolsVersion="3.5" DefaultTargets="Build" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003"
      <PropertyGroup> 
        <Configuration Condition=" '$(Configuration)' == '' ">Debug</Configuration> 
        <Platform Condition=" '$(Platform)' == '' ">AnyCPU</Platform> 
        <ProductVersion>9.0.30729</ProductVersion> 
        <SchemaVersion>2.0</SchemaVersion> 
        <ProjectGuid>{7149BB59-28EE-47B8-8782-5527B2F7162A}</ProjectGuid> 
        <OutputType>Library</OutputType> 
        <RootNamespace>Bsl</RootNamespace> 
        <AssemblyName>Bsl</AssemblyName> 
        <FileAlignment>512</FileAlignment> 
        <MyType>Windows</MyType> 
        <TargetFrameworkVersion>v3.5</TargetFrameworkVersion> 
        <OptionExplicit>On</OptionExplicit> 
        <OptionCompare>Binary</OptionCompare> 
        <OptionStrict>Off</OptionStrict> 
        <OptionInfer>On</OptionInfer> 
        <SignAssembly>true</SignAssembly> 
        <AssemblyOriginatorKeyFile>sgKey.snk</AssemblyOriginatorKeyFile> 
        <CodeAnalysisCulture>es</CodeAnalysisCulture> 
      </PropertyGroup> 
      <PropertyGroup Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Debug|AnyCPU' "
        <DebugSymbols>true</DebugSymbols> 
        <DebugType>full</DebugType> 

     Run Visual Studio and test it.

     I was wasting 2 days trying to find a solution, at last :)

    • Proposed as answer by José Adán Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:24 PM
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:23 PM