is there any way to automate purging Application Logging in azure storage account tables RRS feed

• Question

• is there any way to automate purging Application Logging in azure storage account tables

Rohit Pasrija

• Moved by Haixia_Xie Friday, January 3, 2014 1:21 AM move to a more appropriate queue
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 6:37 PM

Answers

• hi Rohit,

I am sorry for misunderstanding your meanings.

You could change "Application Logging(Table Storage) " on "off" in "Application Diagnostics".

Please try it.

Regards,

Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 6, 2014 3:35 AM
  • hi Rohit,

If you want to delete old data automatically, I think you need develop this feature by yourself. You could code the logic methods on your project, and set a timer to execute the methods to delete old data. Please refer to this thread (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13602629/is-it-possible-to-acces-a-table-storage-in-azure-from-an-azure-web-site ), you could operate table storage data using azure sdk or REST API.

Please try it.

Regards,

Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 2:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Rohit,

Since the issue is related to Azure Storage, I will move the thread to "Windows Azure Storage, CDN and Caching" to get better replies.

Thanks for your understanding.

Friday, January 3, 2014 1:21 AM
  • hello,

Did you want to remove all log info form your azure account table? If yes, I suggest you could removed the "diagnostics" from your azure projects, comment out "diagnostics" configuration from service file.

Also, you could wrote some code to clear the table storage data when you run your application. About how to use table storage, please refer to this page (http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/net/how-to-guides/table-services/).

If I misunderstand, please let me know free.

Regards,

Will

Friday, January 3, 2014 5:28 AM
  • Thanks for your response. In our case we are not going with any cloud project. We are working on azure websites. Is there any way to purge default logging tables in azure storage.??.

Rohit Pasrija

Friday, January 3, 2014 11:12 AM
  • hi Rohit,

I am sorry for misunderstanding your meanings.

You could change "Application Logging(Table Storage) " on "off" in "Application Diagnostics".

Please try it.

Regards,

Will

Monday, January 6, 2014 3:35 AM
  • is there any way to delete it lets say every 30 or 60 days automatically by keeping Application logging to "ON"

Rohit Pasrija

Friday, January 10, 2014 2:43 PM
  • hi Rohit,

If you want to delete old data automatically, I think you need develop this feature by yourself. You could code the logic methods on your project, and set a timer to execute the methods to delete old data. Please refer to this thread (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13602629/is-it-possible-to-acces-a-table-storage-in-azure-from-an-azure-web-site ), you could operate table storage data using azure sdk or REST API.

Please try it.

Regards,

Will

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 2:52 AM