none
Is there a way to communicate or reply with the people that have rated my app. I need to tell them when bugs are fixed!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to communicate or reply with the people that have rated my app.  I need to tell them when bugs are fixed!!!  This is a major problem!

It would be nice to rather than have a lost customer to be able to tell them that it is fixed.

SB Software Developer

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 6:59 PM

Answers

• There is no way to do this.

You can specify about the 'Fixed Bugs' in the "Release Notes".

When you release a next version, the Store's UPDATES list is updated with your app's name.

At once he selects your app for update, there will be a button called "View", onclick of that button leads to your apps page, so that he can see the updated features.

Pradeep AJ

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 5:38 PM
  • Currently the only sanctioned method to do that using Windows Store services is via the "description of update" field when you're submitting an app.

(according to version 4.6 of the developer agreement http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh694058.aspx "you may not rate your own app.")

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 7:42 PM

All replies

• Currently the only sanctioned method to do that using Windows Store services is via the "description of update" field when you're submitting an app.

(according to version 4.6 of the developer agreement http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh694058.aspx "you may not rate your own app.")

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 7:42 PM
  • I wish this could be added to the system.  At least possibly blast a message to all reviewers on an update of the app. 

Losing thousands of customers to a bug that is fixed is not cool, not cool at all! 

SB Software Developer

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 11:54 PM
  • There is no way to do this.

You can specify about the 'Fixed Bugs' in the "Release Notes".

When you release a next version, the Store's UPDATES list is updated with your app's name.

At once he selects your app for update, there will be a button called "View", onclick of that button leads to your apps page, so that he can see the updated features.

Pradeep AJ

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 5:38 PM
  • I do use the updates text but what if they get pissed because of a bug and immediately uninstalled it and never look at the apps page again?  See then they would never see the updates text and leave a bad rating forever when they would most likely give it 5 stars.  I have been getting mostly 5 stars except for the people that had get the bug (fixed now), 1 star.

SB Software Developer

• Edited by Sacha Bwin Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:16 PM fixed
    Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:10 PM
  • IF they uninstall, nothing can be done.

But i dont think someone just buy and uninstall for a small bug, they will surely wait for the next release as they have paid for it.

But one thing you can do is, Build your app such that it checks for updates in a remote server for every time it is launched, 

if you released your next version update in a server/remote machine, such that the user will be notified by the app through a toast notification.

This is something unrelated to your question, but it is another way to notify the user.

Pradeep AJ

Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:22 AM
  • Well that's what a lot of people did.  Installed, bad rated because of bug and then uninstalled.  If they uninstalled the app their rating should not be shown!  It was enough to take me from the Number 3 most popular spot to completely out of the top 40.  This is devastating to the two years I spent developing this app not getting paid anything from it.

SB Software Developer

Sunday, July 14, 2013 10:08 PM