Reserve Trademark App Name on Windows Store RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I have a trademark and I made a mistake of not reserve my app Name. Now, when I try to reserve my name I got a "Name not available" message.

I search on the windows store and there isn't any application with the name that I'm trying to reserve so I think that someone is squatting it or has plans of publish an app with it.

What can I do? I mean, if they publish de app in the store, I know that I can contact with Microsoft and demostrate that it's a trademark and I guess that I could get the name, but what if someone is squatting the name without intention to use it? I have to wait one year until the reservation expires? There is a way of know who has the name for to contact with they?

Thanks in advanced.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:18 AM

Answers

• Hi AmandaPerez,

If you have proof that you own the Copyright for an App name, we can work with you to return the App name to you.  You can find in a Content Infringement Submission here. If you know that the App is in the Store, provide details in the submission. You don't have to wait 12 months for the name to be released, if you have Copyright and intend to create an App.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by AmandaPerez Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:27 AM
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:25 PM