Can Sphere OS handle two Ethernet connections (via an external switch)? RRS feed

• Question

• We have a requirement for two Ethernet network connections to/from the MT3620, ie.
    a) Connection to AS3 Azure Sphere Security Server and cloud services (via internet/public network)
    b) Connection to Ethernet-interfaced local equipment being monitored (private network)

Use of an external network router would assign the IP addresses and support this configuration
    My question is whether there are any limitations anticipated, with:
    a) the Microsoft SPI to Ethernet interface implementation, or
    b) this IP's interface with the Sphere OS network functions 

Our concern is if Sphere OS is doing some background network access at same time as the application has ethernet traffic 

Please advise

Thanks
    -Peter

Monday, February 10, 2020 6:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Peter,

This is a great question, and something I will need to confirm with the product group to get accurate information for and while also sharing the use case with them.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions I can include.

Regards,

Mike

Monday, February 10, 2020 9:55 PM
  • Hi Peter,

This is being considered a new feature request. Please provide any additional use case or requirements detail as part of the feedback to the product group. 

Are you attempting to deploy this or are you early on in your solution implementation? Can you please send me your contact details so that I can provide this to the escalation I have created. It will be helpful if the product group would like to engage you directly. You can send an email to AzCommunity.

Thank you,

Mike

Saturday, February 22, 2020 12:27 AM