bEGgINeR IN viSUAL bASiC RRS feed

• Question

• WHAT ARE GREAT BOOKS TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE CODE ON VISUAL BASIC?
    Wednesday, January 30, 2019 9:54 PM

All replies

• Hi

Can't say about books, but, you can't go wrong in using this forum for all your learning needs. You will get loads of help on here for any questions no matter how simple or hard.

Indeed, this forum is probably better than a book as you can respond with further questions which is difficult from a book.

However, since we are mostly all grown up here, maybe the random upper/lower case text is best kept for your diary.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 10:15 PM
  • Hello,

The vast majority of books covering VB.NET are long outdated and will not teach you to the current release of VB.NET.

If you are completely brand new to VB.NET, take the following series of courses from Microsoft. From there uses this forum to ask questions but when doing so in this effort start small. What is meant by small is learn the very basics e.g. discovery of classes for instance, the string class, data types, working with data etc all while not at the same time attempting to learn to work with user interfaces such as windows forms but instead code with console projects and class projects will allow you to better understand VB.NET.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 11:25 PM
  • Hi ELIZABETH,

I don't know the best book for learning Visual Basic.  I have a book "Visual Basic 2010 - Programmer's Reference" (by Rod Stephens: Wiley Publishing).  It's rather old but it will be helpful.  Please [Look inside] of it.
    I suppose many newer books are published.  Please find them in Amazon.com.

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- https://ssl01.rocketnet.jp/hokusosha.com/default.html

Thursday, January 31, 2019 12:49 AM