GoLive Process for Resale Model RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

The company I work for is going through the go-live process for the HealthVault Application.  That particular application will be resale to different client.  Hence

1. I need different application id for each sale to the client.  Do I need to go through go-live process which includes the application review?  If i don't, I would imagine that application got certificed once, and we just go through the go-lice process with individual client by supplying the application id and certificate used by that application, how long would that take?

2. Go-live process needs a public cert, my understanding is that we can just generate any cert using openssl or makecert.  Is that right? I would imaigne we need to purchase a real cert from vendor like verisign to provide CR or revocation list capability.

Friday, April 13, 2012 1:20 PM

Answers

• The recommended deployment model for cases where an organization has built an application on HealthVault which will be provisioned for independent customers is to use Master-Child deployment.

Master-Child allows you to take instances of your application live after we've done an initial Go-Live review of your application. So as you bring on new customers, you can provision their instances on your own.

If you wanted to deploy an independent application instance each time you brought on a new customer, you would have to go through the Go-Live process for each instance.

Regarding 2), you're correct. For your application cert(s) you can generate self-signed certs using standard tools.

• Marked as answer by g7steve Monday, April 16, 2012 7:12 PM
    Saturday, April 14, 2012 12:55 AM