Grouping Problem in SSRS reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I created a matrix report and grouped it by user name and the report  shows only the first row's date for each user. if the user has multiple scheduled dates, it shows only the first row and ignores all other rows for that user. I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. I'm using the IIF condition as IIF(Fields!DEPT_VALUE<>"Dept and Year(Fields!Scheduled_date.Value)=2011, Fields!Scheduled_date,"").

Thanks again.

Friday, July 1, 2011 2:43 PM

Answers

• fadnan,

No, what I mean was :

1) create a group "user name" that is grouped on username.

2) In the row groups, right click and select Add group --> Child Group --> Select the Show detail radio button.

3) Drag your fields into the Group 1 column.

And you are good to go then.

Regards

Manoj

• Proposed as answer by Elvis Long Tuesday, July 5, 2011 6:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by MadnanM Tuesday, July 5, 2011 2:57 PM
    Friday, July 1, 2011 4:57 PM
  • Hi fadnan,

In a report, a matrix is used to display aggregate summaries for grouped data in a report dataset, similar to a PivotTable or crosstab report. Typically, a matrix does not include detail data.

In this case, you can follow Manoj’s steps to add a details group to the matrix data region. Or you can drag the "date” field to the row group in the matrix, and then add a parent group and group by “user name”. For more information Add or Delete a Group in a Data Region (Reporting Services), please refer to the article below:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156487(v=sql.100).aspx

Regards,
    Bin Long

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 6:14 AM

All replies

• fadnan,

Since you grouped the matrix on user name, this is the reason you are seeing only first row for that user.

Try creating, a child group after your "username" group.

It will solve your problem

Regards

Manoj

Friday, July 1, 2011 2:50 PM
  • Thanks for your reply Manoj. Username is a row group. Creating a child row group for username did not solve the problem Is that what you meant?

Thanks

Friday, July 1, 2011 4:01 PM
  • fadnan,

No, what I mean was :

1) create a group "user name" that is grouped on username.

2) In the row groups, right click and select Add group --> Child Group --> Select the Show detail radio button.

3) Drag your fields into the Group 1 column.

And you are good to go then.

Regards

Manoj

• Proposed as answer by Elvis Long Tuesday, July 5, 2011 6:14 AM
    Friday, July 1, 2011 4:57 PM
  • Hi fadnan,

In a report, a matrix is used to display aggregate summaries for grouped data in a report dataset, similar to a PivotTable or crosstab report. Typically, a matrix does not include detail data.

In this case, you can follow Manoj’s steps to add a details group to the matrix data region. Or you can drag the "date” field to the row group in the matrix, and then add a parent group and group by “user name”. For more information Add or Delete a Group in a Data Region (Reporting Services), please refer to the article below:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156487(v=sql.100).aspx

Regards,
    Bin Long

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 6:14 AM