none
.Net Framework Setup Verification Utility RRS feed

• Question

• I am using this tool at a client site and v3.5 sp1 passed however v3.5 fails, v3.0 fails yet v2.0, v2.0 sp1 and sp2 are fine. Is there a problem with the installation if certian versions fail? If so, how/where do I find the installer(s) to correct this?
    Chris
    Monday, June 8, 2009 12:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am sorry, the issue here is not quite clear to me? You mentioned v3.5sp1 passed, do you mean the install passed? If yes, then it should mean that 3.5sp1,3.5,3.0sp1/sp2, 2.0sp1/sp2 should all be installed. Can you please explain what is the exact scenario that is not working for you?

Thanks,
    Kanchan
    Monday, June 8, 2009 8:51 PM
  • I am using this tool at a client site and v3.5 sp1 passed however v3.5 fails, v3.0 fails yet v2.0, v2.0 sp1 and sp2 are fine. Is there a problem with the installation if certian versions fail? If so, how/where do I find the installer(s) to correct this?
    Chris

I think you're talking about Aaron Stebner's .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool, right? If that was the case, have you check the log?

And what is the underlying problem here? Is your client having problem installing the .NET Framework 3.5? Or is your client having problem running applications that are targeting .NET Framework 3.5?

Thanks,

Jie
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.

The CodeFx Project
    My Blog (CHS)
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 3:27 AM
  • Hi,

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thanks,
    Kanchan
    Sunday, June 14, 2009 11:40 PM
  • It took me a while to find the time to track down the author of the utility. Yes, the tool is by Aaron Stebner and the question is fairly clear. "v3.5 sp1 passed however v3.5 fails, v3.0 fails yet v2.0, v2.0 sp1 and sp2 are fine. Is there a problem with the installation if certian versions fail?

I have issues loading the ASP.Net websites that I have created with a bugus error - "The element'BuildProviders' cannot be defined below the application level" yet this works direct from IIS when I browse and login.

Line 70:   <buildProviders>
    Line 71: <add extension=".rdlc" type="Microsoft.Reporting.RdlBuildProvider, Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
    Line 72:    </buildProviders>
    Chris
    Monday, June 15, 2009 1:45 PM
  • Hi Chris,

Thanks for responding.

3.5 SP1 installs 3.5 (+SP1), 3.0SP2 and 2.0 SP2. So if the verification for 3.5 SP1 passes it should indicate that these are installed fine.

I am not quite sure of the issue you are hitting but found some reference that seemed related:

http://forums.asp.net/p/1003713/1327386.aspx

If this doesn't help please post back and someone who may have more data can try to respond. Also, try posting on the aspnet forum http://forums.asp.net/.

Thanks,
    Kanchan

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 3:48 AM