none
Visual Studio 2013 crashes when opening Test Explorer

Question

• I run automated tests for one of our apps in Visual Studio 2013, and one of my vms is on a 32 bit machine. For some reason, whenever I try to open up the Test Explorer, it causes VS to lock up and crash instantly.

I've already verified that I'm running the 32 bit version on this machine so it can't be that, also I know the machine has more than enough memory. Sadly I haven't been able to find anything about this online, any suggestions would be appreciated.

ConnerMArms

Friday, February 19, 2016 6:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Some other members encountered the same problem and solved by cleaning the cache.

So first please try to clean the cache of your VS with the following steps then try it again.

1. Closed VS

2. Deleted the entire folder "User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\"  and kept an empty 11.0 folder there

Also please try running Visual Studio in Safe mode to Check whether some add-ins and extensions affect it(devenv /safemode).

If above suggestions still no help. I suggest you could try to repair your VS2013 or install the VS2013 Update5 then try it again.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Marked as answer by AReQA-Guy Monday, February 22, 2016 2:17 PM
    Monday, February 22, 2016 3:06 AM
  • Looks like boosting the memory again and updating Visual Studio fixed the problem. Thank you for any input.

ConnerMArms

Monday, February 22, 2016 2:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Some other members encountered the same problem and solved by cleaning the cache.

So first please try to clean the cache of your VS with the following steps then try it again.

1. Closed VS

2. Deleted the entire folder "User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\"  and kept an empty 11.0 folder there

Also please try running Visual Studio in Safe mode to Check whether some add-ins and extensions affect it(devenv /safemode).

If above suggestions still no help. I suggest you could try to repair your VS2013 or install the VS2013 Update5 then try it again.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, February 22, 2016 3:06 AM
  • Looks like boosting the memory again and updating Visual Studio fixed the problem. Thank you for any input.

ConnerMArms

Monday, February 22, 2016 2:17 PM