none
Dll used to go in MODULES but now I have to put it in FILES. why? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone.

I recently reloaded my laptop. I put win7 with a virtual XP machine for VS2k5 and Platform Builder. Previously, I had XP on the laptop. After moving over all my OS images and platforms and various applications, I went and was rebuilding the CE 6.0 R2 OS image, to make sure it all worked, and during MakeImg I got an error that a file did match a page boundary. When I edited the BIB file to move it from the MODULES section to FILES, the MakeImg worked fine.

1) What is required for a file to be eligible for placement in the MODULES section.

2) Why would a program that use to compile is such a manner that it could be put in MODULES now require placement in FILES. It's a native CE program, and attached to the OS solution as a subproject. I didn't change the file, so I'm thinking something else changed when moving between XP and virtual XP: a project setting, or compiler setting, or maybe something with the platform setup (memory or image settings?) How could I have not changed the code and still affected the compilation so it no longer conforms to whatever is required for placement in MODULES (which is why I asked #1).

Thursday, July 1, 2010 11:43 PM

All replies

• Is there any error message during your MAKEIMG?
    And the source of ROMIMAGE is available in CE6 shared source program, perhaps dig into private\winceos\COREOS\nk\tools\romimage\romimage\module.cpp should answer your question.
    Friday, July 2, 2010 12:53 AM