How to export settings (Query Execution) with SQL Server Studio Management 2014 RRS feed

• Question

• User-271865465 posted

Hello,

Actually, we're migrating from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2014.

With SQL Server Enterprise Manager 2000 and SQL Query Analyzer, we can export some settings  (Connections properties TAB: set ansi_nulls, set quoted _identifier) in a configuration file *.sqc. So when we open a new SQL Query Analyzer, we can import these settings.

In SQL Server Studio management 2014, I can find these settings in Tools>Options>Query Execution but when I when to export these settings with  'Import and export Settings' 

, that does'nt work. I can't find these settings with wizzard.

Thanks for your help

Sunday, May 15, 2016 4:39 PM

All replies

• User1559292362 posted

Hi SandalyKeita,

that does'nt work. I can't find these settings with wizzard.

You could use the following command to retrieve the settings.

use master
    DBCC USEROPTIONS
    GO

For more information, please refer to:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms180065.aspx

Best regards,

Cole Wu

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 2:35 AM
  • User-271865465 posted

Thanks for your help.

With DBCC USEROPTIONS, I can retrieve informations options active for the current connection.

I want set options for all connections with SSMS because We have more than 100 servers to install and we want to import settings with configuration file *.sqc (sql server 2000 file)

Any suggestions

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 6:23 PM
  • User1559292362 posted

Hi SandalyKeita,

I want set options for all connections with SSMS because We have more than 100 servers to install and we want to import settings with configuration file *.sqc (sql server 2000 file)

You could use set method to change the value, like this:

Set datefirst 7

Best regards,

Cole Wu

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:30 AM