Data View Date Filter RRS feed

• Question

• I have a list that has a collum "Ship date".  It is chosen from a date only date picker on the new/edit form.  I want to be able to filter a Data View to show only the orders that are on a specific date from a date picker.  

1. New page
    2. Insert DataView and select the fields I want.
    3. Insert DateFilterWebPart
    4. link the two lists
    5. Filter the list based on a Parm1 value of the DateFilterWebPart1 value
    6. No results display!!!!  Even though I have valid data!

I have tried this with a Sharepoint DateTimeControl as well.  Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to get this to work?  It seems pretty straight forward to me.

Thanks,

Jim 
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 8:43 PM

Answers

•  

Hello,

You don’t need to add data view in sharepoint designer to get the filter data. You can just create a web part  based on the document library through UI. Then create connections between date filter web part and this document library web part through click “modify  shared web part”.

You can follow this link to create a regular web part connection:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointserver/HA100241051033.aspx

You can see all of the steps can be done without sharepoint designer which will save your time cost. And after tested, it works fine.

By the way, the cause of your issue is possibly you created the data view out of any web part zone area, if so, add it to web part zone and try again.

Regards,

Jerry

Xing-Bing Yu
    Thursday, December 25, 2008 5:09 AM

All replies

•  

Hello,

You don’t need to add data view in sharepoint designer to get the filter data. You can just create a web part  based on the document library through UI. Then create connections between date filter web part and this document library web part through click “modify  shared web part”.

You can follow this link to create a regular web part connection:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointserver/HA100241051033.aspx

You can see all of the steps can be done without sharepoint designer which will save your time cost. And after tested, it works fine.

By the way, the cause of your issue is possibly you created the data view out of any web part zone area, if so, add it to web part zone and try again.

Regards,

Jerry

Xing-Bing Yu
    Thursday, December 25, 2008 5:09 AM
  • I'm having this problem also. I have a dta view that's connected to a SQL database that displays events by date. I need to add a control so the user can quickly jump forward a few months. How can I do this? I tried the date filter web part, but whenever I pick a date the list goes blank.
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 6:17 PM