Logic App initiation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we have several logic apps which link together to perform certain tasks and together perform an overall business function. These are mostly linked by writing to and from service bus queues.

I'd like to know what options are there to trigger one logic app when another completes rather than wait until the polling interval is reached? I.e. LA1 completes and writes out to SB1, LA2 awaits a message on SB1 but because of cost we want to avoid very regular polling. At the same time we'd like to keep business processes quick and not let the LA's become the constraint on the system.

Can LA2 be triggered directly from LA1?

Should we be looking at another approach?

Many thanks

• Edited by Corp_AF Thursday, August 10, 2017 1:29 PM
    Thursday, August 10, 2017 1:24 PM

Answers

• Yes, you can call a LogicApp from another LogicApp.

Basically, the called LogicApp should be initiated by an Http Trigger.

Then in the calling LogicApp, you add an Azure Logic Apps Action where you choose the child LogicApp.

Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:34 PM

All replies

• Yes, you can call a LogicApp from another LogicApp.

Basically, the called LogicApp should be initiated by an Http Trigger.

Then in the calling LogicApp, you add an Azure Logic Apps Action where you choose the child LogicApp.

Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:34 PM
  • As John Said you can actually call the Logic App.

when you do that, you will make it a synchronous workflow.

LA1 Will call LA2 and waits for it to Complete and then it will move. so there will be a Dependency.

in the above Design which you shared its an asynchronous way of doing it as you will be using Service Bus.

LA1 will not have any Dependency on LA2.

SO just think about all the scenarios before you Change it.

Sujith

Friday, August 11, 2017 6:15 PM
  • Yes you can ,

you can have nested logic app workflow were parent logic app calls the child logic apps . To note here there will be dependency of execution between both the logic apps and you need to use depends on condition within your workflow defination . 

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Monday, August 14, 2017 12:37 AM