LicenseProviderAttribute in Metro Components

Question

• I'm developing a component for Metro Apps and i want to manage licensing using the standard .NET Framework licensing mode, so i want to know if LicenseProviderAttribute will be available in the next release of Windows 8, because in the Consumer Preview it's not.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:30 PM

All replies

• No, this attribute is not available for .Net controls that target Metro development in the Windows 8 Release Preview.

Thanks,
    Unni

Unni Ravindranathan, Program Manager, Microsoft Expression This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Horizon_Net Friday, June 01, 2012 7:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rafaga12 Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:32 PM
    Friday, June 01, 2012 2:56 AM
  • Too bad, is it going to be in the future, or is it going to be a replacement or equivalent for licensing components?
    Friday, June 01, 2012 7:13 PM
  • Thanks for your feedback! While we cannot comment on a future release, your feedback is definitely useful in helping us prioritize this request.

Thanks!
    Unni

Unni Ravindranathan, Program Manager, Microsoft Expression This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, June 01, 2012 7:49 PM
  • It would be very interesting if you can tell us a little more of how to license the use of components (dlls) which target "Portable library" framework in order to solve problems like the one presented in the following thread: Which security mechanisms exists for a dll used by a Metro Style app when it is installed?
    Friday, June 22, 2012 8:04 AM