Add an application to the "Charms Bar"

Question

• Is it possible for me to add my application to the Charms Bar? For hours I have been looking for clues in the registry editor, regedit.

For an enterprise app that will be used for retrieve/index data

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 3:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• you really mean the bar where there are now 5 buttons search; share; windows key; devices ; settings? you can't do.

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 4:01 PM
  • But you can add your app to Share Charm, for example.
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 4:03 PM
  • Yes, the 5 button menu with search; ...etc. 

How can I disable the charms menu and run my own application when the 'swipe-in from the right' gesture is detected?

I can't believe there isn't a registry setting to modify the applications on the charms menu

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:55 PM
  • share charm might work
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:55 PM
  • Hi Bryan,

Using share API will remember your app in share charms bar like the following image.

This share charms bar will always show your app until user remove the app. You can find more information about it from the code snippet. https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Sharing-Content-Source-App-d9bffd84/.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 02, 2015 8:58 AM