none
vsto project publish error RRS feed

• Question

• i have a word addin project, the main project has reference a exe assembly, in debug mode vs2013 work perfect, but after i publish the project, when run the installer, there will be a error dialog stop the process.

i think this is a bug, i don't do anything, just follow the standard steps.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 7:53 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello sendreams,

It looks like you didn't include the referenced exe file to the installer. Is this the case?

Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:33 PM
  • hi, Eugene

thank you for your reply

the referenced exe file is exactly in the published package folder.  you can create a simple solution for testing.

Friday, April 25, 2014 7:28 AM
  • Hi,

>> Reference in the manifest does not match the identity of the downloaded assembly App.exe.

This issue is caused by /nowin32manifest,you can refer to Soumitra Mondal's bLog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/smondal/archive/2012/02/28/quot-reference-in-the-manifest-does-not-match-the-identity-of-the-downloaded-assembly-quot.aspx

Delete RT_MANIFEST and save the executable file.

BTW: Why did you want to add executable file in Reference?

Regards,

Marvin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by sendreams Saturday, April 26, 2014 1:06 AM
    Friday, April 25, 2014 11:56 AM
  • hi, Marvin Think you very much The exe assembly is a standone tool for my business. It Can used in other situlation, in my addin just add a menu link to open it.
    Saturday, April 26, 2014 1:03 AM