none
USB topology test failed with appropriate hardware RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

using the latest HCK (8.59.29757) and filters, I have to report a new error regarding USB topology test. Note that we are using the recommended hardware : Fresco PCI express controller and TUSB8040EVM TI board for USB 3 Super speed Hub.

Here is the failure we did not face using previous HCK:

DeviceIoControl failed to send cycle Upstream Hub Port. GetLastError: 0x02

XHCI-SSHUB-DUT detected, port cycle failed.

TestSetup Failure Detected.

Thanks,

Jean

PS: why the hell copy/paste does not work here???

Thursday, January 10, 2013 9:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

using the latest HCK (8.59.29757) and filters, I have to report a new error regarding USB topology test. Note that we are using the recommended hardware : Fresco PCI express controller and TUSB8040EVM TI board for USB 3 Super speed Hub.

Here is the failure we did not face using previous HCK:

DeviceIoControl failed to send cycle Upstream Hub Port. GetLastError: 0x02

XHCI-SSHUB-DUT detected, port cycle failed.

TestSetup Failure Detected.

Thanks,

Jean

PS: why the hell copy/paste does not work here???

Hi, please check your USB3 controller and version.

Microsoft Recommended controllers include: Renesas Electronics 200, 200A, 201/202 and
    Fresco Logic 1009, 1100. (USB 3.0 controller)

Actually, I use "Renesas Electronics 201/202" and TI TUSB8040EVM USB3 board. No seen the issue.

Thanks, Steve

• Proposed as answer by Steve Leo Friday, January 11, 2013 7:51 AM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:24 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks Steve.

I'm using a Fresco Logic 1009 USB 3.0 controller and the test passed with the previous HCK.

Any clue?

Thnaks,

Jean

Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:17 PM
  • Hi,

OK some progress, test itself now passes just as before (I suspect some bad manipulation but it's not clear) however I get 2 failures:

RunJob - Restore USB behavior flagsRemove USB behavior flags - USB device
    Error: Terminating: Could not find file 'C:\WLK\JobWorkingDir\Tasks\WTTJobRun...\RegHistory.xml
    Position: At C:\WLK\JobsWorkingDir\Tasks\WTTJobRun...\RevertFlags.ps1:17 char:24
    +       $undoArray = @(Import-Clixml "RegHistory.xml")
    FullyQualifiedErrorID: FileOpenFailure,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportClixmlCommand

RunJob - Remove USB behavior flags - USB device
    Error: Terminiating: Device not found by VID/PID: USB\\VID_(expectedVID)&PID_(expectedPID)\\.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Jean

Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:41 PM
  • Hi again,

not any explanation but now it works : I simply started with xHCI tests instead of EHCI.
    I also used a device with serial number, maybe the USB behavior flags are not being read/written properly depending on USB port in case of no serial number.

But not pretty sure of that.

Jean

Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:05 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks Steve.

I'm using a Fresco Logic 1009 USB 3.0 controller and the test passed with the previous HCK.

Any clue?

Thnaks,

Jean

Maybe you can try to find latest driver USB 3.0 controller card. I don't have the Fresco Logic USB3 card. 

Thanks, Steve

Friday, January 11, 2013 7:54 AM
  • Hi again,

not any explanation but now it works : I simply started with xHCI tests instead of EHCI.
    I also used a device with serial number, maybe the USB behavior flags are not being read/written properly depending on USB port in case of no serial number.

But not pretty sure of that.

Jean

I always execute USB device test with xHCI (USB3) even it's USB2 spec device. I don't think the issue related with Serial number.

Thanks, Steve

Friday, January 11, 2013 8:01 AM
  • hi,

i have encounter the same issue as above, I am currently using TI TUSB8040EVM for our hub, but currently it cannot be detected with our controller.

Is there any configuration we have to apply with the hub prior to using it? Please advise.

Thursday, July 4, 2013 1:56 AM