none
Master page in sharepoint designer of Sharepoint 2013 online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

we just got the site for SP 2013 online,

and when i opened the site in sharepoint designer, i cannot see any Master page option in left pane, 

my question is, do we have the option of Master page in SP 2013 online, or am missing so permission to get that in Sharepoint Designer...

thanks in advance.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 6:57 AM

All replies

• You can customize the master page in SharePoint Online.

When you open the site in the designer, you can either see it in the left-hand column or via all files/_cts/catalogs/ path.

Generally, master page related settings appear when you have activated the publishing feature on the site collection level.

Thanks, Ashish | Please mark a post helpful/answer if it is helpful or answer your query.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 12:45 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Please check whether you can access the following URL in browser or not.

https://xxx.sharepoint.com/sites/dennis/_catalogs/masterpage/Forms/AllItems.aspx

Or please check your permission and try to use site admin to open your site using SharePoint designer 2013.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 26, 2017 3:28 AM
  • Yes Dennis , i can access the the Url , but cant see Master pages tab in SPD
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 12:30 PM
  • Hi

have you connected to the root site collection?

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 12:59 PM