none
Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer - SAS Token for File Share

Question

• Hello,

To replace functionality of network share used in our application where users stores files and application pickup the file from there and do the processing.

Now we want to move everything in Azure with File Share option within Azure Storage.

So i generate SAS token and used it in C# application where i can upload files using CloudFile.

But when i use same SAS token in Azure Storage Explorer, i can see files within folder but when i upload/download files, i get Forbidden error.

Not sure why.

I connect with below URL

https://abc.file.core.windows.net/raveshare?sv=2016-05-31&sr=s&sig=token&se=2017-02-04T10%3A09%3A03Z&sp=cwl

I am not sure what i am missing here.

Technical Project Manager cum Architect

Friday, February 3, 2017 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Max size of a file in a file share is 1 TB

Max number of files in a file share: Only limit is the 5 TB total capacity of the file share

Refer to the below mentioned link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/storage-dotnet-shared-access-signature-part-1

You may also try AzCopy for copying data to and from Microsoft Azure Blob, File, and Table storage using simple commands with optimal performance. You can copy data from one
    object to another within your storage account, or between storage accounts.

For more information; Click here

Regards,
    Sumanth BM

Saturday, February 4, 2017 12:19 PM
  • Hello Sumanth,

Thanks for your reply.

As i mentioned, i am able to upload files in Azure File Storage using SAS from C# application.

I am facing issue with Azure Storage Explorer, i am able to view files but when i upload files, it shows error as "Forbidden" whereas it successfully upload from C# application with same SAS token.

We want to recommend Azure Storage Explorer as client application to upload files. As far as i know, we can not use FTP to upload files.

Monday, February 6, 2017 6:11 AM
  • Hello,

It would be good if anybody point me the real issue.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 12:46 PM
  • Comparing the operations performed by each using a tool like Fiddler will make it clear

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 12:54 PM
  • You will need an account-level or file-level SAS token to upload/download files.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Monday, February 27, 2017 11:47 PM