How to delegate SQL server authentication to Active directory Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Experts,

How to delegate SQL server authentication to Active directory Authentication

Kiran

Monday, November 4, 2019 6:42 PM

All replies

• Can you elaborate exactly what you mean? You either use SQL Server authentication or Integrated/Windows authentication. There's no "in-between". Just create your logins using AD account or groups named using FROM WINDOOWS in the CREATE LOGIN command.

Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP (Web Blog)

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 8:14 AM
  • Hi Kiran,

Did you mean Azure Active Directory authentication with SQL in Azure DB? For issue is related to Azure SQL database. I suggest you open a thread in Azure SQL database forums, People there will help you more effectively. If I misunderstood your issue, please let me know.

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 9:55 AM
  • Hi Cathy,

Its not Azure related. We want SQL users to be able to login using Single Sign On(SSO). 

Kiran

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 3:20 PM
  • Just create a Windows login, using below syntax:

CREATE LOGIN [<domainName>\<login_name>] FROM WINDOWS;

Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP (Web Blog)

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 3:32 PM