Azure Stack TP2 how to remoce VM image from marketplace list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I try to create some linux VM its failed many time before success to upload VM into BLOBS and create VM image.

but when I go to create new VM  from marketplace item. I see a lot of  VM images in list(from failed vm image upload).  how to remove failed VM image from this list?

Thank you,

Friday, November 4, 2016 12:30 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for posting on the Azure forums!

We are checking on this issue and will get back to you. Appreciate your time and patience on this.

Regards,

Loydon

Saturday, November 5, 2016 9:34 AM
  • Hey,

The easiest way to remove the VM Image is through the UI. The first step is to get to the VM Images UI (go to Region Management.> Select Compute Resource Provider > VM Images). For the VM Image you are trying to delete, select the three dots in its row. In the menu that is presented, select 'Delete'. This will remove the VM Image, but it will not remove the associated Marketplace item if you created one.

To remove the Marketplace item, use the following command to first get the list of Marketplace items (you may want to filter by those with the Publisher of your VM Image in the Marketplace item's name):
    Get-AzureRMGalleryItem -ApiVersion 2015-04-01

From this list, select the Marketplace item for the VM Image you are trying to delete and then pass it into the following command:
    Remove-AzureRMGalleryItem -ApiVersion 2015-04-01

Hope this helps!

Matt

Monday, November 7, 2016 5:13 PM
  • You can also remove an image via PowerShell.  There are instructions on the Azure Stack tools site: https://github.com/Azure/AzureStack-Tools/tree/master/ComputeAdmin

Monday, November 7, 2016 7:59 PM