Call Nintex web service from HTML client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys. I have a questions regarding windows authentication. I have an Lightswitch HTML application published to local web server. I have selected security option - windows  authentication for all users. Everything works fine, and I can get from the servercontext current user. 

Now I have a Service reference to the Nintex Workflow services on another web server(Sharepoint). The problem is that I need to  consume some web services from Nintex which using Windows authentication ( like getRunningWorkflowTaskForCurrentUser) and it doesnt work when I am trying to run from published application. However, It is working when I am running a local host. 

I am not quite sure, but please correct me if I am wrong. When I am running the localhost, IIS will call Nintex service under my login. But when I publish the application to web server, IIS from that web server will call service under which credentials? 

My question is - when I make lightswitch application using Windows authentication, and I have, lets say a web service as a part of Server in this application, methods from that web service will be executed under windows user who hit the button?

Thanks

Nick

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 9:45 AM

Answers

• I think I have found an answer. It is all about security. Currently we are using NTLM and it wont allow me to authenticate to Sharepoint from my web server. The solution is to use Kerberos. Kerberos will allow to delegate. 

• Marked as answer by nicksav Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:53 AM
    Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:53 AM

All replies

• I think I have found an answer. It is all about security. Currently we are using NTLM and it wont allow me to authenticate to Sharepoint from my web server. The solution is to use Kerberos. Kerberos will allow to delegate. 

• Marked as answer by nicksav Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:53 AM
    Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:53 AM
  • This is also give tips for me, thax.
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 2:24 AM
  • Hi  qiangs.

I have actually created some very good implementation, I think, for using Nintex.

What I have done is I have created a web service located on SahrePoint site with couple methods

using Nintex SDK which allow me to get tasks for users, approve tasks for users and so on. 

After I wraped it up in WCF RIA service. and now you just drag and drop Pending Tasks and workflow history on the screen and by using CRUD you can action your taks without any problems.

Blog Post

Cheers!

• Edited by nicksav Tuesday, October 8, 2013 10:56 AM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 2:34 AM
  • Hi  qiangs.

I have actually created some very good implementation, I think, for using Nintex.

What I have done is I have created a web service located on SahrePoint site with couple methods

using Nintex SDK which allow me to get tasks for users, approve tasks for users and so on. 

After I wraped it up in WCF RIA service. and now you just drag and drop Pending Tasks and workflow history on the screen and by using CRUD you can action your taks without any problems.

Blog Post

Cheers!

That was a good blog post.

Unleash the Power - Get the LightSwitch HTML Client book

http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 12:02 AM