TFS 2010 and VS 2012 Double clicking a query in Work Items opens the first work item rather than the query RRS feed

• Question

• All of the sudden, when I double click the query of work items that we are working on in this sprint, instead of opening the query results, it opens the first work item in the result set. When I edit the query, and click the run button, I see the query results. But I don't want to have to edit the query just to run it.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks/.

Stephanie

Friday, January 23, 2015 5:08 PM

Answers

• I was able to reproduce the issue you have in Team Explorer and Web Access. Don't know if your issue is the same as what I did.

When you open a query in either team explorer or web access it opens with a split view, work item list in the top and the selected (first is the default) work item in the bottom. If you somehow dragged the divider bar to the top, the query will open showing the first work item. Below is a screenshot showing both views:

Notice that the divider bar (the 2 parallel lines) is in the middle in the normal view and at the top in the work item view. If this is what happened, simply grab the divider handle and drag it down to expose the work item list pane.

"You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek." - Blind Seer, O Brother Where Art Thou
    Please Mark posts as answers or helpful so that others may find the fortune they seek.

Monday, January 26, 2015 7:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Stephanie,

I am moving your thread into the Team Foundation Server - GeneralForum for dedicated support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 26, 2015 3:20 AM
  • Hi Stephanie,

I'd like to know where you click the the query, and the reason to have a double click. Please make sure your mouse is fine. You can check if you can click once to get the query result in team web access. Or you can select the query to get the query resunt in Team Explorer.

It's suggested to install SP1 when work with TFS 2010, you can install TFS 2010 SP1 if you're not use the version. If the issue persists, please elaobrate more details about your scenario with the reproduce steps(with screenshots).

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 26, 2015 8:15 AM
  • I was able to reproduce the issue you have in Team Explorer and Web Access. Don't know if your issue is the same as what I did.

When you open a query in either team explorer or web access it opens with a split view, work item list in the top and the selected (first is the default) work item in the bottom. If you somehow dragged the divider bar to the top, the query will open showing the first work item. Below is a screenshot showing both views:

Notice that the divider bar (the 2 parallel lines) is in the middle in the normal view and at the top in the work item view. If this is what happened, simply grab the divider handle and drag it down to expose the work item list pane.

"You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek." - Blind Seer, O Brother Where Art Thou
    Please Mark posts as answers or helpful so that others may find the fortune they seek.

Monday, January 26, 2015 7:14 PM