none
Are developers allowed to use Bing Maps imagery for non-commercial/non-profit use? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am currently working on a project to create scenery in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and I want to include satellite imagery in order to increase the realism. I know that Google Maps strictly prohibits redistribution of its satellite imagery. The scenery I am creating will NOT be priced and will be absolutely FREE to download and use. I am an individual developer doing this for the fun of the hobby and to keep this flight simulator alive with new content.

Would it be allowed if I were to use Bing Maps for my photo scenery? I am only planning to use the scenery in a 2 km. by 3 km. box and I would provide full credit to Bing Maps.

I will not proceed further with adding photo scenery to my project unless I get the okay. I've heard of other developers emailing Bing and getting permission to use the imagery for non-profit projects. If that's the case, what is the email address that I need to contact?

Thanks,

Adam

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 4:55 PM

Answers