Are there any restrictions comiong with a field data type for "allow users to edit data in this field by using datasheet or properties page"? RRS feed

• Question

• I can enable this property basically for any field in my form, except for the fields, where I use data/time datatype. Is this how it suppose to work (not to work, actually) or there may be other reasons, why these fields can't be editable?

Thanks

Friday, October 21, 2011 4:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Natalie,

By default, the option “allow users to edit data in this field by using datasheet or properties page” is not available for Date and plaintext (rich text in data source) types during publishing process.

As a workaround, you can change the Data Type of the Date field in InfoPath to “Date and Time” type, then republish the form, the option is available for “Date and Time” field.

Thanks,
    Qiao
    • Marked as answer by Natalie Kash Monday, October 24, 2011 1:49 PM
    Monday, October 24, 2011 5:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Natalie,

By default, the option “allow users to edit data in this field by using datasheet or properties page” is not available for Date and plaintext (rich text in data source) types during publishing process.

As a workaround, you can change the Data Type of the Date field in InfoPath to “Date and Time” type, then republish the form, the option is available for “Date and Time” field.

Thanks,
    Qiao
    • Marked as answer by Natalie Kash Monday, October 24, 2011 1:49 PM
    Monday, October 24, 2011 5:54 AM
  •  

Qiao,

Thank you very-very much!

It is nice to know.

Monday, October 24, 2011 1:50 PM