none
Re-project depth from virtual camera RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!  I have a case where I have a kinect looking at a wall at an angle, which makes the depth map look like a ramp.  I'd like to essentially make a virtual camera which looks at the wall perpendicularly, and then rebuild the depth map from the perspective of the imaginary camera.

I know it can be done, but my math is every so slightly lacking.  Has anyone done this or have any resources they might be able to point me to?  It seems like it could all be handled in a shader somewhere.

Using Cinder (c++) on Win 8.1. Thanks.

-charlie

Thursday, July 30, 2015 5:55 PM

All replies

• If I understand you correctly, your kinect is at an angle, and you want to find the angle that makes the kinect 90 degrees to the wall, and then project the depth values to the new angle?

If that's right, I think all you need is some trigonometry, and the floorclip plane to figure out the angle in question, and the depth and height to get the x, y coordinates with Cos/Sine. Then some Matrix math to project the depth to the new perspective and angles

HTH

Sr. Enterprise Architect | Trainer | Consultant | MCT | MCSD | MCPD | SharePoint TS | MS Virtual TS |Windows 8 App Store Developer | Linux Gentoo Geek | Raspberry Pi Owner | Micro .Net Developer | Kinect For Windows Device Developer |blog: http://dgoins.wordpress.com

Thursday, July 30, 2015 10:57 PM