TCR 33.00: BAS Protocol Handler: A Direct2D App (XAML) title launches but stucks via the protocol handler with command xboxliveapp-<app_id>

Question

• Hello,

I am developing a Windows Store game. I have the issue with the TCR BAS Protocol Hander: When I launch my game with the command xboxliveapp-<app_id>, my game lauch but stuck at the first screen, no crash occurs, the game just doesn't initialize and/or continue to run. When I launch the game by clicking on it, it runs normally.

My game's type is Direct2D App (XAML). I also try the original Direct2D App (XAML) template, the same result: the app show the square with the 'X" and stuck there. When I click the original template, it runs and shows "Hello, XAML! Hello, DirectX!" normally.

I try the original Direct3D App template, it can run normally by command xboxliveapp-<app_id>, I see a colorful box rotates.

So the questions are:

_ How can I make my Direct2D App (XAML) game run normally with protocol handler.

_ My game failed MSFT's certification with the issue. Can I tell them this is an exception?

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, July 04, 2013 1:33 AM

Answers

• Given that you're talking about TCRs, I'm guessing you're working on an Xbox LIVE game. You should get in touch with your contact person at Microsoft. Since the Xbox stuff is NDA, nobody here would be able to discuss it here even if they did know the answer. (No, I don't know the answer, btw.)

Visual C++ MVP | Website | Blog | @mikebmcl | Windows Store DirectX Game Template

Saturday, July 06, 2013 6:10 AM