[WPSL]windows phone 8.1 MapControl database selection problem

Question

• hello,

I want to save pinned places in the map by users in an online database, to be always visible even when I restart the app, since I am a beginner, I was wondering if I should do it manually, like when the app loads, I add MapElements from the database using a loop or something... or is there some kind of class or a method that does that automatically every time you navigate into a region , it shows its pinned places ?

Friday, May 01, 2015 9:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

It depends on your app design, if you want to save the pinned places and retrieve them when you retart the app, you can simply store them locally, no need for an online database.

Storing locally can be done using IsolatedStorage or IsolatedStorageSettings

I hope it helps

Yassine

Saturday, May 02, 2015 10:40 AM
  • thanks a lot for your help Yassine, but how about if i want other users to see these pinned places too ? 

example: If I put an icon in a place,  this icon should be visible in the map of every user .

Saturday, May 02, 2015 12:20 PM
  • thanks a lot for your help Yassine, but how about if i want other users to see these pinned places too ? 

example: If I put an icon in a place,  this icon should be visible in the map of every user .

Hi minoDev,

>>how about if i want other users to see these pinned places too ?

You need to do it manually, save and retrieve data from the online database when your app loads.

I would suggest you using the Azure Mobile Service to make this work, here is a good tutorial: http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/mobile-services-windows-phone-get-started-data/

If you have questions when using Azure mobile service, this forum should be a good place: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=azuremobile

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 04, 2015 3:12 AM