Error on FetchAttributes with SAS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've tried to do a blob-container FetchAttributes (Get Properties REST operation) using a Shared Access Signature (SAS) and got a 404 failure.

The same SAS does marvel on all the blob read / write / Delete / FetchAttributes / SetMetaData.

Is Get Properties reserved only to access using Primary / Secondary Key?  Is it an API bug?  Am I doing something wrong?

Vincent-Philippe

Thursday, August 19, 2010 4:45 PM

Answers

• The following is documented:

You cannot use a Shared Access Signature to create or delete a container, or to read or write container properties or metadata.

Earlier on the same page there is a table showing identical text for Read/Container and Read/Blob. I wonder if this is a documentation error given the explicit statement at the end of the table.

Thursday, August 19, 2010 5:16 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Test
    .NET Architect at Covansys Montreal
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 4:51 PM
  • The following is documented:

You cannot use a Shared Access Signature to create or delete a container, or to read or write container properties or metadata.

Earlier on the same page there is a table showing identical text for Read/Container and Read/Blob. I wonder if this is a documentation error given the explicit statement at the end of the table.

Thursday, August 19, 2010 5:16 PM
    Answerer
  • Ok, then that's official!

Thanks!

Thursday, August 19, 2010 5:52 PM