none
Visual Studio Project Type GUID

Question

• Hello,

I currently received a C project built in Visual Studio 2010 and I have to build from scratch another one of the same type but with different content in Visual Studio 2015.

The problem that I am currently facing is that I don't know the project type. I had searched on the internet for possible ways to find out the type, and the solution I found was to check for the GUID of the project. Did that and looked for it, but the issue is that I can't find a match for the GUID of the project with any from the Visual Studio GUIDs list.

Here is the GUID from my project:

<ProjectGuid>{0E2B0DBA-E7C7-4A2C-9E4F-869ECA8FD578}</ProjectGuid>

Any ideas what it is?

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 9:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Bogdan Straut,

>>the solution I found was to check for the GUID of the project. Did that and looked for it, but the issue is that I can't find a match for the GUID of the project with any from the Visual Studio GUIDs list.

We could find the PorjectGuid and ProjectTypeGuid in .csproj file, just like the following WPF project.

But the guid type of C++ is not in .vcxproj file, it was in .sln file, please refer to the following screenshot:

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 24, 2016 5:56 AM
  • Hello Oscar,

Thank you for your reply. I must have misunderstood the meaning of guid, thinking that in addition to the information regarding the platform type of the project (C++, C#, ASP.NET etc), it will give more details such as (for example for a C++ project) if the project is a Win32 Console Application, MFC application, Win32 Project, Empty Project, or Makefile Project. This is actually what I have to find out, the type of the C++ Project of the project I received.

Any possible way to check that?

Thank you.

Thursday, November 24, 2016 7:07 AM
  • Hi Bogdan Straut,

Thank you for your response.

We could not implement your idea with default GUID, please refer to the following document, there is one type GUID for C++ project, we could not get the project type based on the C++ type GUID.

http://www.codeproject.com/Reference/720512/List-of-Visual-Studio-Project-Type-GUIDs?fid=1853030&df=90&mpp=25&sort=Position&view=Topic&spc=Tight

But I have an idea may be could implement your idea, you could create a GUID and define its type (MFC or others), then store them up, just to custom your own GUID.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 24, 2016 7:58 AM