none
blob timeout

    Question

  • I am suddenly getting error status code 500 to blob requests. Both my client app and cerebrata storage studio. Sometimes it clears and I can see my Blobs, then the problems back. I am also getting the folowing exception in my cloud resident webrole:

    Polling for configuration changes:System.TimeoutException: Server operation did not finish within user specified timeout '90' seconds, check if operation is valid or try increasing the timeout.

    I have been getting this a few time over the last week but now it seems to be persistent.

    This is what Im getting in strorage studio:-

     

    The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

    Request URI: https://tloginput.blob.core.windows.net/downloads/PCMonitor.msi?timeout=30
    Response Headers:
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    x-ms-request-id: x-ms-version: 2009-09-19
    Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 01:31:58 GMT
    Server: Windows-Azure-Blob/1.0 Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0
    Error Code: HTTP Status Code: (500)

    I have looked at my role diagnostics traces. My worker and web roles started getting this exception on the 14th Dec:

    Polling for configuration changes:System.TimeoutException: Server operation did not finish within user specified timeout '90' seconds_ check if operation is valid or try increasing the timeout.    at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result()    at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.Tasks.Task`1.ExecuteAndWait()    at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.CloudBlob.DownloadToStream(Stream target_ BlobRequestOptions options)    at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Diagnostics.ControlChannel.<>c__DisplayClass10.<ConfigMonitoringPoll>b__f()    at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Diagnostics.ControlChannel.TryExpectError(HttpStatusCode status_ Action act)    at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Diagnostics.ControlChannel.ConfigMonitoringPoll(Object sender_ ElapsedEventArgs args); TraceSource 'WaWebHost.exe' event

     

    These are the datetimes of each instance:

     

    EventTickCountDate
    14/12/2010 20:32
    14/12/2010 20:32
    14/12/2010 20:41
    14/12/2010 20:41
    14/12/2010 21:06
    14/12/2010 21:07
    14/12/2010 21:15
    14/12/2010 21:16
    14/12/2010 21:24
    14/12/2010 21:33
    14/12/2010 21:33
    15/12/2010 05:26
    15/12/2010 05:27
    15/12/2010 05:36
    15/12/2010 05:36
    15/12/2010 05:45
    15/12/2010 05:45
    15/12/2010 05:54
    15/12/2010 05:54
    15/12/2010 06:03
    15/12/2010 06:03
    15/12/2010 06:12
    15/12/2010 06:12
    15/12/2010 06:27
    15/12/2010 06:28
    15/12/2010 06:36
    15/12/2010 06:37
    15/12/2010 06:45
    15/12/2010 06:46
    16/12/2010 01:50
    16/12/2010 01:50
    16/12/2010 01:59
    16/12/2010 01:59
    16/12/2010 02:08
    16/12/2010 02:08
    16/12/2010 02:17
    16/12/2010 02:23
    16/12/2010 02:38
    16/12/2010 02:38
    17/12/2010 00:38
    17/12/2010 00:38
    17/12/2010 00:47
    17/12/2010 00:47
    17/12/2010 00:56
    17/12/2010 00:57
    17/12/2010 01:05
    17/12/2010 01:06
    17/12/2010 01:20
    17/12/2010 01:21
    17/12/2010 01:29

     

     

    I deliver images from my webrole as uris  to my storage account and I happened to check these during a time (17th Dec 12:30 am gmt) when my role was getting the timeout exceptions. My browser was getting server error 500 status returns to the image requests. It cleared up itself coincidently with my roles no longer getting the timeout exceptions.

    This seems to be happening for about an hour every day ( since the 14th).

    Friday, December 17, 2010 1:42 AM

Answers

  • Hi Mog,

    It has not happened since my last post. I checked my diagnostics traces for this year and it only happpened on the 4 days between 14th Dec and 17th Dec for about 1 hr each day. My account shows metrics within the norm for those days and well below the limits you mentioned. I have taken the issue up with support so hopefully they will find out what happened.

    Thanks

     

    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Friday, December 24, 2010 8:48 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Mog Liang Friday, December 24, 2010 8:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Tuesday, January 4, 2011 3:08 AM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 10:47 AM

All replies

  • Hi mikeonneil,

    Does the issue still exist? Is it possible your storage account exceed its capablity? Refer to this article

    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazurestorage/archive/2010/05/10/windows-azure-storage-abstractions-and-their-scalability-targets.aspx

    the sacleability target is

    for single blob

    • 60MBytes/sec

    for each storage account

    • Transactions – Up to 5,000 entities/messages/blobs per second
    • Bandwidth – Up to 3 gigabits per second
    • Capacity – Up to 100 TBs

    Please check your stroage traffic.

    Thanks,


    Mog Liang
    Monday, December 20, 2010 8:38 AM
  • Hi Mog,

    It has not happened since my last post. I checked my diagnostics traces for this year and it only happpened on the 4 days between 14th Dec and 17th Dec for about 1 hr each day. My account shows metrics within the norm for those days and well below the limits you mentioned. I have taken the issue up with support so hopefully they will find out what happened.

    Thanks

     

    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Friday, December 24, 2010 8:48 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Mog Liang Friday, December 24, 2010 8:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Tuesday, January 4, 2011 3:08 AM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 10:47 AM