none
I'm getting error on visualstudio 2015(using) but not on vs 2017(tested) why? , in c# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Please download thisLink project and compile and run this in vs 2015 and vs 2017, In vs 2015 you will get error "overflow exception" why it only happening in vs2015.

If possible please provide me the solution.

thippu

Monday, April 29, 2019 10:03 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The rule here is to provide offending code (least code rather than an entire project) rather than ask to download a project.

Also since this is from Code Project please ask your question there as this forum is not for non Microsoft code samples.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Monday, April 29, 2019 12:17 PM
  • okay, Thank you.

thippu

Monday, April 29, 2019 1:11 PM
  • When you get differing behavior like this it is generally because of overload resolution issues. The compiler chose a particular overload in one version and a different one in the other. It could also be caused by simply recursing too much so it I would be dependent upon the inputs. For example Factorial tends to be the goto example for recursion but it blows up given sufficiently large values (and ignoring overflow).

However you didn't post anything about the line it is occurring on or the exception details or stack trace so we aren't going to be able to provide much insight.

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Monday, April 29, 2019 2:00 PM
  • Hi

Thank for posting here.

Since this thread is from code project, you could ask questions in the following link.

https://www.codeproject.com/Questions/ask.aspx

The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Best regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 4:21 AM