Testing windows 8 apps on multiple machines

Question

• I am developing a Windows Store JS game for the Imagine Cup, and I have read that the judges value that you have somekind of betatesting program, so I want to distribute a unfinshed versión of the App for testing purposes.

The problem is that I cant upload the App to the store because it´s unfinished (and I think it's not allowed by the contest rules), so the only solution I have is to send them the appx files. I have installed apps that way several times, but always in 'development-unlocked' machines, so i would like to know if it is posible to install them in a non-developer pc. I also would like to know if there's a faster and easier (most of the testers wont have advanced computer skills) way to acomplish this.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:25 PM

Answers

• You're doing it right. You will need to share the appxpackage. A developer licence is necessary and the install script given will request a developer licence if needed.

I believe some people have wrapped the install script in an installer app, but I don't have any good examples.

--Rob

Thursday, October 24, 2013 3:00 PM