none
Why can we update only 1 phone? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I share a developer account with my brother. We both have Windows Phones, and we were planning on using our joint, verified account to update to Mango. However, we cannot update 2 phones and I had to create this account. Now, this account has to be verified and it will take a slew of days until I can get Mango. So my question is this, why can you register 3 phones under an App Hub account but only update one?
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:35 PM

All replies

• If I had to guess it is so I cant go unlock 2 of my friends phones and upgrade them
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 6:05 PM
  • I can't even see where to upgrade...
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:24 PM
  • you will be sent an invite via email
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:52 PM
  • You can update all of yours developer unlocked phones but you'll have only support for one device if upgrading to Mango bricks your phone...

http://wmpoweruser.com/the-developer-mango-update-can-upgrade-multiple-phones/
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:49 PM
  • It's as MacroSoft XNA explains. There's no limit on applying the update. There is a limit of 1 device per account for handling the unfortunate risk of a device that becomes bricked in the process.

If you test the update/restore process on 1 device and it's ok, you should be in the clear to go for the 2nd device.
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 12:29 PM