Life Cycle Diagram RRS feed

Answers

• The page you link covers pretty much the whole app lifecycle. Anything else is app-specific logic and will be different for different apps.

For your example: OnNavigatedTo is not an inherent part of a Windows Store app's lifecycle. The NavigatedTo event will fire only when the app calls Frame.Navigate. This is typically called in Xaml apps when the app first runs (in app.xaml.cs) and based on user input.

Quickstart: Navigating between pages has more information about how this goes together.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Hong (MA, USA) Monday, December 23, 2013 4:54 PM
    Monday, December 23, 2013 4:42 PM

All replies

• I haven't found one, but I believe the lifecycles are identical.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, December 23, 2013 3:46 PM
  • For WP, OnNavigatedTo() is always called no matter how the app is entered according to the diagram.  It was indicated  in another thread that this is not the case for WS apps.  I don't know if I have misunderstood all of this.

Hong

Monday, December 23, 2013 3:56 PM
  • The page you link covers pretty much the whole app lifecycle. Anything else is app-specific logic and will be different for different apps.

For your example: OnNavigatedTo is not an inherent part of a Windows Store app's lifecycle. The NavigatedTo event will fire only when the app calls Frame.Navigate. This is typically called in Xaml apps when the app first runs (in app.xaml.cs) and based on user input.

Quickstart: Navigating between pages has more information about how this goes together.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Hong (MA, USA) Monday, December 23, 2013 4:54 PM
    Monday, December 23, 2013 4:42 PM
  • Thanks, Rob, for the elucidation.  I guess that I will have to draw the diagram in my head based on the text. 

Hong

Monday, December 23, 2013 4:55 PM