Regular Expression to Find Links RRS feed

• Question

• User-860009756 posted

Looking for a Regular Expression that will extract all links out of Href=""

Thursday, January 7, 2010 2:38 AM

Answers

• User-952121411 posted

I found a bunch of RegEx expressions to do exactly what you need.  Take a look at the following link:

http://regexlib.com/Search.aspx?k=href&c=-1&m=-1&ps=20

Here is a couple of decriptions and expressions from that link above:

"Will locate an URL in a webpage. It'll search in 2 ways - first it will try to locate a href=, and then go to the end of the link. If there is nu href=, it will search for the end of the file instead (.asp, .htm and so on), and then take the data between the "xxxxxx" or 'xxxxxx'" 

(("|')[a-z0-9\/\.\?\=\&]*(\.htm|\.asp|\.php|\.jsp)[a-z0-9\/\.\?\=\&]*("|'))|(href=*?[a-z0-9\/\.\?\=\&"']*)

"This will match just about everything after href= Its good if you just need a list of all the href= values"

href=[\"\']?((?:[^>]|[^\s]|[^"]|[^'])+)[\"\']?

"This regex will extract the link and the link title for every a href in HTML source. Useful for crawling sites. Note that this pattern will also allow for links that are spread over multiple lines."

<a[\s]+[^>]*?href[\s]?=[\s\"\']+(.*?)[\"\']+.*?>([^<]+|.*?)?<\/a>

Lastly, when I get in a bind with a RegEx I am already working with and have a specefic question, I usually post to the following forum:

Regular Expressions (MSDN Forums):

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/regexp/threads

Hope this helps! Smile

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, January 8, 2010 10:07 AM

All replies

• User191633014 posted

use this:

Regex x = new Regex(@"Href\s*?=\s*?""(?<Links>.*?)""", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);
            string s = "Href=\"http://forums.asp.net/t/1511527.aspx\" 8888888888888 Href = \"http://asp.net\"  ";
            List<string> allLinks = new List<string>();
            MatchCollection mx = x.Matches(s);
            foreach (Match MItem in mx)
                allLinks.Add(MItem.Groups["Links"].Value);

Thursday, January 7, 2010 3:07 AM
  • User-952121411 posted

I found a bunch of RegEx expressions to do exactly what you need.  Take a look at the following link:

http://regexlib.com/Search.aspx?k=href&c=-1&m=-1&ps=20

Here is a couple of decriptions and expressions from that link above:

"Will locate an URL in a webpage. It'll search in 2 ways - first it will try to locate a href=, and then go to the end of the link. If there is nu href=, it will search for the end of the file instead (.asp, .htm and so on), and then take the data between the &quot;xxxxxx&quot; or 'xxxxxx'" 

((&quot;|')[a-z0-9\/\.\?\=\&amp;]*(\.htm|\.asp|\.php|\.jsp)[a-z0-9\/\.\?\=\&amp;]*(&quot;|'))|(href=*?[a-z0-9\/\.\?\=\&amp;&quot;']*)

"This will match just about everything after href= Its good if you just need a list of all the href= values"

href=[\&quot;\']?((?:[^&gt;]|[^\s]|[^&quot;]|[^'])+)[\&quot;\']?

"This regex will extract the link and the link title for every a href in HTML source. Useful for crawling sites. Note that this pattern will also allow for links that are spread over multiple lines."

&lt;a[\s]+[^&gt;]*?href[\s]?=[\s\&quot;\']+(.*?)[\&quot;\']+.*?&gt;([^&lt;]+|.*?)?&lt;\/a&gt;

Lastly, when I get in a bind with a RegEx I am already working with and have a specefic question, I usually post to the following forum:

Regular Expressions (MSDN Forums):

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/regexp/threads

Hope this helps! Smile

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, January 8, 2010 10:07 AM
  • User-860009756 posted

Will Give it a Try,

decided Firstly I need to get the Entire <a></a> Tag Incase it has a Title Property or something I can use as Data () this does that well. Including any links around an image or other tag

After Removing Whitespace

Dim R As New Regex("\s+")
            Return R.Replace(strText, " ")

Get <a> Tags

Dim Links As New List(Of String)
            Dim x As New Regex("<a.*?href=[""'](?<url>.*?)[""'].*?>(?<name>.*?)</a>", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase)
            Dim mx As MatchCollection = x.Matches(PageData)
            System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.Write(mx.Count)
            For Each MItem As Match In mx
                Links.Add(MItem.Value)
            Next
            Return Links

Then I think From there I will strip all other properties of the tag and be left with Just the URL. Which I wil save to the Database.

So will try stripping the URL's Next.

Friday, January 8, 2010 2:53 PM
  • User-860009756 posted

Hey Stefan,

This works , returns 90 LInks Including CSS Links, the <a> Tag Function Returns 81 <a> Tags on the page - will parse them through this regular expression to get the valid links. Don't need the CS Files etc.

Public Shared Function GetHTMLAnchorLinks(ByVal PageData As String) As List(Of String)
            'Dim x As New Regex("href=[\&quot;\']?((?:[^&gt;]|[^\s]|[^&quot;]|[^'])+)[\&quot;\']?", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase)
            Dim x As New Regex("Href\s*?=\s*?""(?<Links>.*?)""", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase)
                Links.Add(MItem.Value)
            Next
            Return Links
        End Function

Though Should be

Public Shared Function GetHTMLAnchorLinks(ByVal PageData As String) As string

Private Shared _RegExHref As String = "Href\s*?=\s*?""(?<Links>.*?)"""

Public Shared Function GetHTMLAnchorLinks(ByVal PageData As String) As List(Of String)
            Dim x As New Regex(_RegExHref, RegexOptions.IgnoreCase)
                Links.Add(MItem.Value)
            Next
            Return Links
        End Function

Public Shared Function GetHTMLAnchorLink(ByVal AnchorData As String) As String
            'TODO: See about simplifying
            Dim x As New Regex(_RegExHref, RegexOptions.IgnoreCase)
            Dim mx As MatchCollection = x.Matches(AnchorData)
            Dim HrefLink As String = ""
                HrefLink = MItem.Value
            Next
            Return HrefLink
        End Function

Friday, January 8, 2010 3:11 PM
  • User-952121411 posted

Great!  Glad to see you got it working.  For future reference that RegExLib site has a bunch of searchable Regular Expression that can be used quickly without having to write it from scratch.

Regular Expression Library: 

http://regexlib.com/

Friday, January 8, 2010 3:36 PM