MFC IN ViSUAL C++ 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all gurus,

I am new in this forum learning vc++ 2005 . when I am starting new project I haven’t got option to make MFC console application. Any body who can help on this I am requesting them to help me on this I will highly appreciate on it.

Should I have to download anything or should I have to make any setting ..? I would like to hear your suggestion ..

Thanks in Advance..

Wednesday, September 6, 2006 9:46 PM

Answers

• It sounds like you are using the Express Edition of Visual C++ 2005 - this version does not support MFC.
    Wednesday, September 6, 2006 9:50 PM
  • You can't download a version that supports MFC - you need to purchase at least the Standard edition.
    Wednesday, September 6, 2006 9:55 PM

All replies

• It sounds like you are using the Express Edition of Visual C++ 2005 - this version does not support MFC.
    Wednesday, September 6, 2006 9:50 PM
  • Thanks your prompt reply..

which version should i have to download jonathan which give me all option which is in vc++2005/

Thanks

Wednesday, September 6, 2006 9:53 PM
  • You can't download a version that supports MFC - you need to purchase at least the Standard edition.
    Wednesday, September 6, 2006 9:55 PM
  •  Jonathan Caves - MSFT wrote:
    You can't download a version that supports MFC - you need to purchase at least the Standard edition.

While deciding whether and how to purchase the Standard edition, there is also a 90-day trial download of Visual Studio 2005 Professional.  It is a bit large (2.6 GB) and I don't know that it can be downloaded outside of the United States. 

- Dennis

Thursday, September 7, 2006 4:29 AM