Empty value in a slicer - PowerPivot v2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

in a my workbook I've created a simple table imported into a PowerPivot data model as a linked table. This table contains these values: A, B, C.

I want to use it to filter a product table by creating a relationship. When I create the corresponding slicer I can see also an empty box to delete. I've tried to hide the elements without data as data filter setting.

Any suggests to me, please?

Thanks

Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:38 PM

Answers

• Perhaps I've understood this strange behaviour.

I've this relationship path: abc table is the lookup table for the products table and the products table is the lookup one for the sales table. The issue is in the products table that doesn't contain all items present in the sales table. So when the relation abc table - products table is created and the relation products table - sales table is deleted then the empty value in the abc slicer disappears but it appears again when I recreate the relation products-sales.

This explanation seems to be agree with this link: http://www.pivotcrunch.com/2012/08/12/avoid-powerpivot-slicer-blanks/

Bye

• Marked as answer by Elvis Long Monday, April 8, 2013 1:36 AM
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:05 PM

All replies

• When I remove the relationship between table containing A, B and C values and products table I cannot see the empty value in the slicer. But I need to have this relationship. However, inside the products table the linked field is always full!

This is a strange behaviour.

Thanks

Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:13 PM
  • Perhaps I've understood this strange behaviour.

I've this relationship path: abc table is the lookup table for the products table and the products table is the lookup one for the sales table. The issue is in the products table that doesn't contain all items present in the sales table. So when the relation abc table - products table is created and the relation products table - sales table is deleted then the empty value in the abc slicer disappears but it appears again when I recreate the relation products-sales.

This explanation seems to be agree with this link: http://www.pivotcrunch.com/2012/08/12/avoid-powerpivot-slicer-blanks/

Bye

• Marked as answer by Elvis Long Monday, April 8, 2013 1:36 AM
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:05 PM