none
How to create a simple object and move it via kinect. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, guys. I'm new to >>Kinect<< programming and i would like to know if anyone can help me out. I couldn't find any post with those "simple stuff".

Problem: I need to create a simple object(like a block or circle) and move it, with my hand, using the kinect. Can anyone give me any idea how to do that or link me any tutorial/post/video/code?

I've already downloaded all the Softwares and Development Tools that Microsoft site(http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindows/develop/overview.aspx) says it's needed.

Thanks o/

Monday, April 23, 2012 2:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Here is the link for quick start series.

http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/KinectQuickstart

The Skeletal Tracking Fundamentals video exactly solves your problem.

Thanks,

Bharat.

• Marked as answer by Lockftw Sunday, April 29, 2012 6:52 PM
    Monday, April 23, 2012 5:23 PM
  • Thanks a lot, ykbharat. I will check all of them tomorrow and i will give you a feedback o/
    Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:02 AM
  • Hi,

First of all you need to download the Coding4Fun.dll

2. Create a method to get the joint position of the movable hand like this

private Point GetCursorPosition(Joint hand)
    {
      var pointHand = _kinectSensor.MapSkeletonPointToDepth(hand.Position, _kinectSensor.DepthStream.Format);
      float xHand = pointHand.X;
      float yHand = pointHand.Y;
      return new Point(xDeviation, yDeviation);
    }

3. In the SkeletonFrameReady event handler call the above GetCursorPosition and give it the controlled hand even right or left

4. Give the mouse cursor the new point position you've got from the GetCursorPosition

Thanks,
    MOHAMED A. SAKR | Software Development Lead Engineer | EgyptNetwork
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members. Also try to Vote as Helpful

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 9:57 AM
  • Hi Lock,

Can you help me now? I'm need that same things that you needed before.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:12 PM