none
Only NativeImages_ in C:\Windows\assembly RRS feed

• Question

• Platform: Windows Server 2012 R2

I'm looking for a specific assembly in the GAC (.NET Framework 2)

I don't see assemblies in C:\Windows\assembly  -- Would Uninstall / Reinstall framework 3.5 from Server Features help?

--Specifically, Policy.2.102.Oracle.DataAccess (x86)  Screenshot from working machine:

Working GAC

In problem machine, I just see:

Not Working GAC

Searching for Oracle.DataAccess within it: (problem machine)

Search for Oracle.DataAccess

Friday, June 15, 2018 12:56 PM

All replies

• Hi GX400,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, when you install the .net framework, VS would register these dlls to GAC and replace the old version. If you have installed the .net framework 3.5, and then uninstall, there is no effect to GAC.

The assemblies in GAC folder is the new version dlls you have installed. If you want to use the dlls with .net framework 2.0, you could add assembly from the location below.

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

If you want to use the .net framework 2.0 dlls in GAC, please refer to the link below about how to install an assembly into GAC.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/app-domains/how-to-install-an-assembly-into-the-gac

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 18, 2018 7:25 AM