none
.cat files returned from Microsoft submission are giving the "Windows can't verify the publisher of the software" message? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have submitted a package to the Hardware Certification site (sysdev.microsoft).

It was signed using the HCK Studio tool with a .cer file from my company.

I have received back the new .cat files but when I try to install with these I still get the "Windows can't verify the publisher of the software" I was getting with my test .cat files.

Does anyone know what has gone wrong in the process?

Thanks

---rob

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 7:25 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Contact the sysdev@microsoft.comn alias for further assistance for this type of issue. Include the setupapi.log when contacting the sysdev alias.  Normally this type of issue only occurs if the inf file has been modified since the cat file signing. 

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:42 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Contact the sysdev@microsoft.comn alias for further assistance for this type of issue. Include the setupapi.log when contacting the sysdev alias.  Normally this type of issue only occurs if the inf file has been modified since the cat file signing. 

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:42 PM
  • I believe this message is nothing to do with the .cat file, but because your installer is not digitally signed. Do you install with an MSI file? Try applying your VeriSign signature to the MSI file.

Jim

Friday, December 14, 2012 3:24 AM