Brokered Component not working when deploying to client.

Question

• I created a test App with brokered copmonent and it runs smooth on my machine, but when moved it to a tablet and did all the required settings (regsvr32, icacls), it throws an exception. then I went and downloaded the Northwind example and it act the same. works fine on my machine but not on the other tablet. Am I missing any thing here? here is the exception, it's casting exception and Access denied exception:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'NorthwindRT.DAL.FileWatcher' to interface type 'NorthwindRT.DAL.IFileWatcherClass'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{23F40340-AEB1-5774-5705-64488C9BDD3A}' failed due to the following error: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)).

but I did on the tablet the same things I did on the developing machine!

I moved the required files to the correct directory and enabled read/execute to all applications and I registered the proxy using regsvr32. Also the user can access the directory where the implementation dll is located so Access is denied exception is weird.

I did my research about brokered comp and I am doing exactly like the available documentations!

Any Ideas? Am I missing anything here? Is there extra settings I need to do? is my system missing any required dlls?

Tariq

Monday, March 30, 2015 2:28 PM

Answers

• I installed this tool and I got access denied when the app trying to access msvcr120d.dll in SysWOW64 folder,

I had to add "ALL PACKAGE APPLICATIONS"/Readexcute attribute to this dll.

Thanks Pershant. 

Tariq

• Marked as answer by JORDAN RTG Tuesday, March 31, 2015 2:28 PM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 2:28 PM

All replies

• Try collecting a Process Monitor trace https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645 to check what is the Access is being Denied on.

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:02 AM
  • I installed this tool and I got access denied when the app trying to access msvcr120d.dll in SysWOW64 folder,

I had to add "ALL PACKAGE APPLICATIONS"/Readexcute attribute to this dll.

Thanks Pershant. 

Tariq

• Marked as answer by JORDAN RTG Tuesday, March 31, 2015 2:28 PM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 2:28 PM
  • I have the same error...I have tried with that tool but I don't see anything strange.

I don't understand the solution about the readexecute attribute to the dll....what dll???

Thanks, and please help me...

Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:03 PM