none
Not all features installed correctly RRS feed

• Question

• I have been struggling to install VS2013 (either ultimate or express) where not all features install correctly. Most importantly is the Windows SDK.

Here is the vslogs.cab: here

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thursday, April 3, 2014 3:47 PM

All replies

• Hello DavidCallahan,

No ultimate installation log is found from your vslogs.cab and the only Express log shows something like the following:

Error 0xc000000d: Failed authenticode verification of payload: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\.unverified\sqldom_amd64

From these info I think the problem is pending on corrupt file download which makes your installation cannot continue. Please try download ISO then use this tool

Availability and description of the File Checksum Integrity Verifier utility

to verify your ISO checksum then reinstall VS2013 Ultimate. After that, if any error persists, please share the vslogs.cab again.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 4, 2014 4:57 AM
  • Thanks Barry.

I am focused on trying to get Express for Windows Desktop to install, think it is the simplest.

I uninstalled all previous versions. This morning I uninstalled last weeks attempt.

I verified by download using "fciv" and comparing the checksum against the sha1 hash listed on the download website.

//
    // File Checksum Integrity Verifier version 2.05.
    //
    e61419e51f42254ee07decf628b85c9861286250 f:\vs2013_rtm_dskexp_enu.iso

Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop - English
    DVD5 ISO image (SHA-1: E61419E51F42254EE07DECF628B85C9861286250) 

I repeated the installation with apparently the same set of failed, here is the collect results for this morning: vslogs.cab

Monday, April 7, 2014 4:34 PM