Storyboard trigger a Storyboard? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

How can I start another storyboard when one is ended?
    This is so basic and again I just cant fint any hint anywhere, like so often with all that silverlight stuff ^^

How comes that Storyboards don't have any events in blend? I would simply trigger them when one is finished... like oncomplete or something...

Greetings,

SonicTTH

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:20 AM

Answers

• Ah, now I get it.

Expression Blend AND VisualStudio is the key!

Since you can use stuff in vs which simply isnt in blend. Nice one Microsoft, you get yourself the money twice!

At least I can compile and run stuff in blend which has been edited with VS-exclusive code...

Greetings,

The Hedgehog

• Marked as answer by SonicTTH Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:30 AM
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:30 AM

All replies

• Ah, now I get it.

Expression Blend AND VisualStudio is the key!

Since you can use stuff in vs which simply isnt in blend. Nice one Microsoft, you get yourself the money twice!

At least I can compile and run stuff in blend which has been edited with VS-exclusive code...

Greetings,

The Hedgehog

• Marked as answer by SonicTTH Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:30 AM
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:30 AM
  • You can also use a controlstoryboardaction combined with a storyboard trigger to do this, you set the trigger to the end event of the first one, and the action should start the 2nd one.

You can use the free Express versions of VS with Blend as well, so there is no cost. VS has a huge amount of functionality that is outside the scope of Blend, so they complement each other very nicely.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:08 PM